Oh. My. God. This was *incredible*!
My SO and I are going for meatless Mondays. I’m just trying to eat healthier, not really on a diet or anything, and simply trying to make as much from scratch as possible. But I looooove cheese. And Mac n’ cheese is my Achilles’ Heel.
So I found and decided to give it a shot.
Oh. My. God. It’s not so much cheesy as it is creamy, but it works for me because it’s the richness I adore.
* 1 pkg Barilla whole wheat macaroni
* 1/2 brick reduced fat cheddar cheese
* 1 small pkg reduced fat cottage cheese
* 1 sm container light cream cheese
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
* 2 Tbsp butter
This works out to about $2.50 per serving. We had an orange kale salad with it and it was just so perfect! Diet food this isn’t, and it definitely satisfied my craving for a rich and filling mac n’ cheese, without all the crap.
Calories: 340 Fat: 15 g Cholesterol: 45mg Sodium: 723mg Carbs: 28g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Protein: 28g
Edit: makes 6 servings.